We provide a full service for individuals and corporations stepping into the US marketplace for the first time. GS2 multilingual lawyers are qualified in multiple jurisdictions allowing for the provision of customized advice with an understanding of potential trans-boundary conflicts in the following areas:
- Inward International Investment
- Foreign individuals seeking to invest in the US
- Establishing a Corporate presence in the US
- Platforming US companies abroad
- Distressed business acquisitions
- Real estate transactions
- Business Immigration
- Corporate counseling
- Liaison with the IP section for cross-jurisdictional trademark and copyright protection and enforcement
- Trans-boundary asset safety and movement of funds
- Foreign wills, estates, and trusts
- Foreign prenuptial agreements
GS2 caters for the full range of scenarios falling under the broad umbrella of intellectual property. Our partners have experience and academic depth in the full spectrum from contract negotiation, drafting of license agreements through to worldwide IP protection.
- Trademark registration
- Patent prosecution
- Patent infringement
- Copyright enforcement
- Cyberlaw and the Internet
- IP litigation avoidance
- Cosmetic product licensing
- Music publishing
- Fashion licensing
- Entertainment, music, sports, arts, and media law
We have developed a particular brand of litigation where commercial reality and the costs of long term litigation are appreciated as a fine balance. The extensive trial and ADR experience GS2 possesses gives us the ability to provide sound judgment on both litigation and pre-litigation strategies. In combination with the international division, we are able to maintain continuity of representation domestically and abroad.
- Pre-litigation scenarios and strategies
- Alternative dispute resolutions
- Mediation services
- Civil and commercial litigation
- White-collar crime
- Risk analysis on FCPA and the UK Bribery Act
- Asset forfeiture
- IP enforcement and litigation avoidance
- International trust disputes
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings
GS2Law has unparalleled experience in representing individual whistleblowers wishing to provide information of wrongdoing to the Commodities and Futures Trade Commission (CTFC) via the CTFC created by the Dodd-Frank Act. The Act allows for the payment of monetary awards to eligible whistleblowers, and also provides anti-retaliation protections for whistleblowers who share information with or assist the CFTC.
Over the last four years, Gs2law has worked closely with the Whistleblower Office in submitting information that caused an investigation to be opened while preserving the anonymity of the individual and has filed numerous claims for a whistleblower award.
Any individual wishing to submit information to the CTFC or even explore whether there is wrongdoing should be guided by a GS2Law lawyer who will have actual knowledge of successfully submitting a tip and obtaining have an award.