Bar of the State of New York
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Licensed Real Estate Broker, New York
Bar of England and Wales
LL.M., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York
Bar Vocational Course, The Inns of Court School of Law, London
PGDL, City University, London
B.A. (Hons), University of Manchester
Awards and Honors
2009 – Commencement Speaker, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
2009 – Distinguished Performance in the LL.M. Program
2008 – Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
1998 – Ashe Lincoln Public Speaking Award, Inner Temple
CJA 2003 ‘Bad Character, Hearsay & Disclosure’: Einstein Network (2005)
Domestic Violence and Familial Homicide: Legal Television Network (2005)
DNA analysis and interpretation: Einstein Network (2005)
Murder 101, HG Productions (2007)
Inner Temple, London
New York City Bar
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association
- Complex Business Litigation
- Commercial Arbitration
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Music & Film
Robert is the managing partner of Garson, Ségal, Steinmetz, Fladgate LLP. Litigation and pre-litigation strategy are the mainstays of Robert’s practice drawing from his 9 years as a Barrister in the United Kingdom where he acquired significant courtroom experience. Having established in New York he has since represented a broad range of clients, including both public and private companies and individuals. Robert has completed the training required by Part 146 of the Rules of the Chief Administrative Judge of the State of New York to serve as an ADR neutral (Mediator).
Recent engagements include:
- Representing in a multimillion dollar licensing arbitration for an international group of companies against a major fashion brand;
- Piercing the corporate veil in litigation to include parent companies of an apparel LLC;
- Advising and spearheading the negotiation and due diligence for international consortia on energy contracts;
- Strategizing the contractual parameters of distribution deals for record labels;
- Risk Assessment opinions for live-streaming websites with regards to secondary liability for copyright infringement;
- Platforming companies into the United States and aiding domestic corporations in establishing themselves abroad.
In addition to litigating numerous multi-jurisdictional white-collar crime, narcotics and product liability trials, Robert has appeared on many occasions before the courts of New York, the Caribbean and appeal courts of England and Wales. Therefore, for the past two years, Robert has taught for the renowned ITAP program run by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
Aside from his legal education Robert speaks French and Hebrew and also holds a degree in Ancient History and Archaeology from the University of Manchester.
In his spare time Robert enjoys recording voice-overs for national broadcasts.