Chris has over 20 years’ experience with a practice focused on alternative dispute resolution (arbitration and mediation) and litigation (state and federal), in the fields of construction law, intellectual property law, and general commercial disputes.
Chris also represents numerous clients in transactional matters in the construction industry, the artificial intelligence field, and in relation to the commercialization of intellectual property.
Chris also serves as an arbitrator and mediator on numerous panels and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne Australia, LL.M.
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, LL.B. (with honors)
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, B.A.
Admitted to Practice
- Victoria, Australia (2000)
- High Court of Australia (2001)
- New York (2003)
- Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (2011)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Co-Chair ADR Committee, New York County Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association (Member of Dispute Resolution Section and Forum on Construction Law)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- New York State Bar Association (Member of Dispute Resolution Section)
- New York City Bar
- New York International Arbitration Center
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of The Kobak Prize, May 2021 (New York County Lawyers Association)
- Arbitration: Conducted matters as counsel in AAA, ICC, FINRA and ad hoc arbitrations in relation to complex commercial disputes. Also accept appointments as local counsel (eg, to review and advise upon an award issued by the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association concerning a dispute valued at approximately USD $500 million).
- Mediation: Representing various clients in construction and intellectual property fields in multiple mediations. Experience in both trial level and appellate level court administered and/or ordered mediations.
- Litigation: Experience in State and Federal Courts representing multiple foreign-owned entities (as well as domestic entities) in relation to various commercial, construction and IP related matters. Both at trial and appellate level.
- Construction Law: Representing owners, design professionals and contractors (including foreign individuals and foreign-owned entities) in transactional, ADR and litigation matters.
- IP Law: Representing IP owners in copyright and trademark transactions, arbitrations, mediations and litigations. Certain transactional matters have involved IP being licensed for use outside of North America.
- Appointed to AAA Consumer Panel, FINRA Panel, Part 137 Fee Dispute Resolution Panel.
- Appointed as arbitrator on multiple occasions (including serving as Chair on multiple panels).
- Successfully conducted multiple hearings via online platforms.
- Training other arbitrators and mediators in use of online dispute resolution platforms and techniques.
- Appointed by New York State Courts to conduct arbitrator training for the Part 137 Fee Dispute Resolution Program.
- Appointed as mediator and co-mediator on multiple occasions; successfully concluded multiple mediations.
- Successfully conducted multiple mediations via online platforms.
- General: Negotiating various transactions for US-based clients across Asia, Africa, North America and Europe. Negotiating various domestic US transactions for clients located in Asia, North America and Europe.