Michael is a founding partner at GS2Law and Head of Intellectual Property. He is a patent specialist and handles all forms of intellectual property matters including acquiring, licensing, and protecting patents, copyrights, and trademarks. He helps companies develop global intellectual property strategies to conform to their overall business goals.
Michael zealously protects his clients’ business and intellectual property interests and while being ready and able to take any matter to trial, he assiduously seeks creative dispute resolution alternatives via licensing and settlement to achieve optimum results.
He defends against unlawful assertion of intellectual property rights brought against his clients and will not allow them to be trampled upon by those with inflated legal budgets.
Michael is a facilitator in negotiating deals with underlying intellectual property while closing within the shortest time possible, removing obstacles and allowing businesses to confidently achieve their objectives. He has experience of the minutiae of joint ventures revolving around underlying patents, licenses and assignment arrangements. He represents many E-Commerce clients for their intellectual property, contract, and litigation needs.
He has performed intellectual property due diligence to inform investors as to the potential value of deals being considered and reviewed novel financing schemes to ensure intellectual property risks are shared and investments protected. His representation ranges from medium and small business to the savvy inventor and the well-heeled investor.
Michael’s trademark is his unique perspective in client representation and service priding himself on being available 24/6.
- J.D., Concentration in Intellectual Property, Cardozo School of Law
- B.S., cum laude, Biology and Psychology, Touro College
Admitted to Practice
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- US District Court of New Jersey
- Registered Patent Agent
- Tax Court
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Colorado
- CIPO, Canadian IP Office
Professional & Community Involvement
- Founded Children’s Lending Library
- Heads up a volunteer security guard team for local institutions
- Chaveirim volunteer roadside assistance member
Awards & Honors
- Listed in Super Lawyers in Intellectual Property, 2020
- Listed as Rising State in Super Lawyers in Intellectual Property, (2017-2019)