Tim Kendal is Of Counsel with GS2Law and is a senior leading barrister specializing in professional and regulatory enforcement proceedings, major and international fraud and corruption investigations and trials, financial services criminal enforcement proceedings, and corporate governance advice and internal investigations relating to business crime (fraud, insider dealing, corruption, sanctions and money laundering). Internationally, his advice is sought on major transactions and dispute resolution whether by mediation, arbitration or litigation.
Tim also advises and represents solicitors, accountants, doctors and other professionals when investigated and prosecuted by their professional bodies. With a reputation as a strategic expert and devastating cross-examiner and advocate, he is particularly noted for representing solicitors under investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and/or when prosecuted before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
Tim is also an established mediator for clients in various jurisdictions including Israel.
Tim is recognized in the leading legal directories as a leader in his fields of practice.
He is a native English speaker and is fluent in Italian.
- University of Birmingham
- Inns of Court School of Law
Admitted to Practice
- 1985 Called to the Bar Grays Inn
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists
- Member of United Kingdom Lawyers for Israel
- Trustee of the Jewish National Fund United Kingdom
- Successfully defended PM (solicitor to South Yorkshire Police at the Hillsborough Inquiry). This criminal investigation and trial was the most expensive ever conducted by the authorities. Conducted in the full glare of media and public attention, the case against client was dismissed following successful defense submissions.
- Advised and defended major international fraud trials in the UK, Italy, Nigeria and elsewhere.
- Advised a major investment brokerage on the cum/ex dividend arbitrage trading scandal linked to several European countries. Continues to advise in relation to the FCA investigation on these matters.
- Represents solicitors, accountants, doctors and other professionals when investigated and prosecuted by their professional bodies. Tim is particularly noted for representing solicitors under investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and/or when prosecuted before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Conducts mediations for clients in various jurisdictions including Israel